Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hot Weather Recap

Thanks to you, the tax payers, and the US Army, I had the good fortune of spending the last month out of cold, rainy Washington state and instead training in North Carolina and Arizona. I have been attending the Military Free Fall Parachutists Course, AKA tactical skydiving.

I took advantage of this school's location, Ft. Bragg, NC, and Yuma, AZ, and brought my bike and training gear to put some miles on in the sun and heat. I think the month down south has done me well; heat has always been my weakness by the time I get to the run so I hope I have been well acclimatized going in to Rhode Island, July 10th. I plan on having a great race. Hopefully 1st amateur, and top 10 overall.

Also while in AZ I was able to spend time In Flagstaff and visit NAU. Come October I will be relocating to the Flagstaff area to live and train at altitude and attend Northern Arizona's Exercise Science program. I think this move will be a major improvement in the quality of training I have prepping for my races, and overall quality of life. Goodbye Washington, enjoy your rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment